Boiled Egg with Salmon Fingers
This Breakfast is seems fairly indulgent, but for a weekend it is perfect. Once you’ve walked the dog and got the coffee maker on its basically a store cupboard breakfast. You can buy the Smoked Salmon in the week with the rest of your shopping as it normally has a fairly good shelf life then all you need is some bread (we’ve used french stick but toasted fingers of your favourite sandwich bread will do the trick) and some eggs.
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- 2 – 4 slices of french bread <into halves>
- 1 tbsp butter
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into 2cm long strips
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Boil for 6 minutes then drain and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cut the bread into long strips and arrange on a grill rack. Cook for 1–2 minutes until toasted then spread with a little butter.
- Wrap strips of salmon around the lengths of the toast. Place the boiled eggs into egg cups, carefully slice off the tops and serve with salmon ‘fingers’ to dip.